We strive to create a flexible and people-focused work environment for all of our staff. With this in mind, we are able to offer graduate employees:
- A mentor for guidance through projects
- A real job with a real support mechanism where individual contribution is invited and respected
- Provide the opportunity to excel whilst providing challenging and practical work
- A work environment that is flexible and individually focused whilst still providing countless and diverse opportunities
We are flexible in our approach to commencement dates following the completion of degrees and will work with the individual to personalise their program.
Outline of the Graduate Program:
- Enrolled with Education Engineers Australia Graduate Program
- Paired with a mentor
- Two year rotation to ensure the graduate gains exposure in project management, estimating, quality, survey, health and safety
- Promoted to a Site Engineer
- Commence with competency submissions to Engineers Australia in order to acquire Chartered Professional Engineer status (CPEng)
Work Experience Program
Our Work Experience Program is a step in the right direction for those students looking at constructing a career in our industry. Students are given an opportunity during their university holidays to gain real exposure to civil engineering and are paired with a Project Manager to mentor them along the way. Many of our students are offered full time work after graduation and then have the opportunity to enroll in the Graduate Program.
Our Human Resources team visit most of the major universities in Brisbane on their respective Career Days where we can provide more information on our Graduate and Work Experience Programs.
FAQ on Applications
Q: How do I apply for a job at Shamrock Civil?
A: To apply for a position at Shamrock Civil, please submit your application through the Current Positions Seek portal. This is a live representation of our current positions on offer.
Q: I’m having trouble submitting my resume through the Current Positions portal, what do I do?
Q: Who should I contact for more information on the Graduate and Work Experience Programs?
A: Please contact our head office (details on Contact Us page), and ask for the Human Resources Department.
Q: How often are new jobs listed on your website?
A: Jobs will be posted depending on our current and future project commitments.
Q: Can I apply for more than one job?
A: Absolutely, you are able to apply for any position that matches your skills and experience.
Q: What happens after I submit my application?
A: After you submit your application, you will receive an email to confirm that Shamrock Civil has received it. We will let you know if you are successful in progressing in the recruitment and selection process. We will contact you on the email or phone you put on your resume, so please ensure these details are correct.