VALUE: $10 million – $15 million
DURATION: November 2015 – February 2017
Shamrock Civil were engaged by Watpac Construction to carry out the civil works associated with the 17th Construction Squadron relocation project at the RAAF Base in Amberley. The scope of works included the following:
- Supply and installation of sediment control and basins;
- Demolition of existing concrete slabs and pavements;
- Earthworks including site clearing, topsoil strip and 60,000m3 of earthworks cut to fill;
- Supply and placement of 55,000m2 of asphalt and 60,000m2 of concrete pavements;
- Supply and installation of 1.6km of stormwater drains and 5 gross pollutant traps;
- Construction of Humes H-Wall retaining wall; and
- Supply and installation of linemarking, signage and bollards.
Shamrock undertook some high-risk activities on this job, for which a detailed safety system needed to be developed. The construction of the H-Wall retaining wall involved lifting and placing 200+ concrete blocks, with an average weight of 8 ton. A detail lift plan was developed for these works and all lifting was undertaken safely and without incident.