VALUE: $5 million
DURATION: May 2017 – November 2018
Lendlease awarded Shamrock Civil the civil works package for the AIR 5431 PH2/3 – Defence Air Traffic Management System and ADF Air Traffic Control Complex Infrastructure Townsville Stages 7 and 21 Project .
Scope of works
- Bulk earthworks to fill in an area identified as an existing swap with PFAS contaminates and unsuitable ground
- 300mm of extra excavation filled with 75mm select fill rock to achieve 1.2m of bulk fill to allow the area to become a stable, load bearing platform
- Installation of permanent security fence, washout areas and shaker grids
- Installation of specialised stormwater systems including a RainVault system,Spel Ecoceptor 1500 series and a Spel Stormceptor
- Roadworks including kerbing and pavements
- Installation and maintenance of temporary carparks
- Demolition of existing civil structures
- Trench excavation, backfill and compaction for inground electrical and communications services
- Supply and installation of linemarking, road furniture and road signage
Shamrock Civil worked with the client and SPEL to improve the design proposed and change it for the SPEL systems to provide a cost saving to the client as well as a better efficiency. The previous units were too large for the area. The project was environmentally sensitive and PFAS material was treated and dealt with locally to ensure the most efficient and least risk involved with how it was handled. This included burying it onsite and capping it to avoid exposure.