VALUE:$1 million – $5 million
DURATION: January 2014 – July 2017 (Staged)
Shamrock Civil were awarded the contract for the Replacement Chinook Facilities, as part of the RAAF Base Townsville works for Lendlease.
The scope of works included:
- Supply and installation Erosion and sediment controls;
- Demolition and removal of existing structures, bitumen / asphaltic concrete pavement and HV & LV electrical services trenches;
- Earthworks including subgrade preparation, bulk excavation, trimming, grading, back filling, compacting and detailed excavation of slabs, pad footings and strip footings;
- Supply and placement of asphalt pavements and seal;
- Pouring and finishing of footpath, kerb, kerb ramps, edging, slabs and driveway crossovers;
- Supply and installation of barrier rails, handrails, signage, linemarking and stormwater services; and
- Application of topsoil and grass seed.
In addition to the contract works, Shamrock Civil acquired further services installation and subgrade treatment. The project team has been working progressively with no program delays or disruption to Defence operations whilst achieving an outstanding safety and quality record.