Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority
Duration of Project
July 2021 – November 2021
Shamrock Civil was awarded the project to conduct demolition works at Reef HQ, a set of three buildings which had been vacant for several years. The buildings were subject to water damage, and with no sunlight exposure and minimal airflow, had extensive mould growth throughout the buildings. The buildings were unsuitable for use and marked for demolition.
Scope of Work
The demolition works consisted of the following:
- Decommissioning of existing fire panel within the Reef Wonderland Building and relocation of electrical access.
- Mould remediation to three separate buildings, including 3 storey office building, cultural centre and IMAX theatre.
- Erection of hoarding scaffold to the perimeter of the works site.
- Traffic management on public roads.
- Vibration monitoring to adjacent structures.
- Safe demolition of all structures to slab level.
- Installation of semi-permanent hoarding fence with vehicle access gates and pedestrian access gates.